Tuesday, September 30, 2014

St. Jude Give Thanks. Walk.

Dear Family & Friends,

Even though today is the last day of September's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, the awareness campaign should never end because the statement, I never thought it could happen to us, is true. Lily has had her ups/downs during this treatment time and we're now on the home stretch.

Our little cheerleader :)
We have received such sweet gifts for Lily and so many of you have asked how can you help. Well then, I'd like to share this opportunity with you to help us give back to St. Jude so they can continue their mission and assistance with families and, yes, one day find a cure to end cancer. Everyday we are still amazed that this medical facility, the research and the level of care it provides really exists.

My family is participating in the St. Jude Give Thanks. Walk. spearheaded by my wonderful mom, Vanessa, who is truly our "team captain." We invite you to join our team to participate in the walk; I'm sure it will be a day filled with tons of fun! But, if walking is not your thing, please consider donating to "team LilyR" to support our efforts to give back to St. Jude and reach our goal of $1500. I believe we are half way to our total goal :) Yay, mom! Each participant has their own page and individual goals that you can view as well. We are looking forward to spending the day with other families who have also been touched by St. Jude.

St. Jude Give Thanks. Walk.
Saturday, November 22

We're kicking off the Walk in our own special way with a "No Mo Chemo" party for Lily on the Friday evening before at our family's traditional Friday Coffee Pot Time. What's coffee pot time, you ask? For many years now, most of my family has coffee with my grandparents on Friday evenings. I love this tradition and my kids look forward to these visits, too. But this time the whole world is invited...well not really because although my grandfather stocks coffee like he's preparing for the Apocalypse, if 7 billion people showed up at his house he may not have enough cups. LOL!

No worries. I'll share lots of pictures ;)

As always, we thank you for your prayers and generosity.

xxoo,
Juliet

No comments:

Post a Comment